Welcome to Coolwater Campground
Coolwater Campground is surrounded by the beautiful Manistee National Forest. We are located on the Scenic Pine River, one of the Michigans’ premier canoe rivers and a Blue Ribbon Trout Stream. We have a beautiful river landing for overnight canoe trips, and it also makes a great fishing spot!
Located in the heart of Northern Michigan outdoor activities! We are centrally located 20 minutes from Cadillac, 45 minutes from Traverse City, and only 30 minutes from Lake Michigan. We are surrounded by hundreds of acres of National Forest, packed with great opportunities for Hunting, Fishing, Morel Mushrooms, Hiking & Biking, and relaxing. We welcome Off Road Vehicles, and you can ride from the campground to Lincoln Hills ORV Trail System.
May Mushroom Special
Stay for an entire month for only $195!!! Come up and spend your weekends hunting morels, trout fishing, canoeing, and just relaxin'! This includes water & electric sites!
Call Now to Reserve your site!!
- Canoe or Kayak one of the most exciting Rivers in the Midwest!
- Off-Road vehicles are welcome and you can ride to nearby trails
- Trout Fish a Scenic Blue Ribbon Trout Stream
- We are located near hundreds of acres of forest for great hunting!
- May is Morel Mushroom Hunting Time
- Camp and Experience the Hoxeyville Music Festival! August 14-16, 2015
Cool Water Campground
9424 W. 48 1/2 Rd
Wellston, Michigan 49689
Check out our Facebook Page